- Elected by parishioners to work closely with the pastor to ensure that the Church of the Redeemer is the best that it can be
- Serve the needs of all parishioners and empower them to go beyond the parish to serve the needs of others
- Called to be a representative body, rather than a body of representatives, that strives to integrate varying aspects of parish life so that the faith needs of all may be met.
Finance CouncilOur Responsibilities
- Every month, review comparisons of actual revenues and expenditures with the budget, the investments and the overall financial operations of the parish
- Assist the pastor in compiling an annual report of the parish's finances and arrange for the publication to the parish
- Review the internal accounting controls over the parish's financial operations and review in detail the books and records of the parish to assure they are properly maintained
- Exercise oversight over all parish investments and all finances relating to the parish or any other parish programs done in the name of the parish and enjoying it's tax exemption
This council is in the process of reforming after a period of inactivity.
- File Monthly Commitment forms after Mass and copy on Monday.
- Plan and carry out yearly Ministry Chairpersons Wine and Cheese Reception.
- Plan and coordinate mailing and return of yearly Time, Talent and Treasure Stewardship Form.
- Follow-up on non-responders of Yearly Form.
- Attend Yearly Joint Council Meeting.
- Based on Council recommendations, provide articles to The Good News.
- Assess problems with stewardship activities of the parish and develop solutions/recommendations for change.
- Update as necessary stewardship welcome board in worship commons.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate yearly Stewardship Fair.