Catholic Youth Day at Busch Gardens
Saturday, October 7, 2017
What is the Virginia Catholic Youth Day?
Known as an ongoing tradition in the Catholic Diocese of Richmond, the Catholic youth of our Diocese gather at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg to join in community and fellowship. The day includes admission to the park all day long, Sunday Vigil Mass, and dinner as a Diocese. Please note that the location has returned to Busch Gardens this year.
What is the schedule of the day (Saturday, October 7, 2017)?
10:00 am Busch Gardens opens, pick-up tickets near the front entrance
3:15 pm Celebration of Sunday Vigil Mass at Abbey Stone Theatre at Busch Gardens
5:30 pm Diocesan all-you-can eat dinner buffet at the Black Forest Pavilion opens
6:30 pm Diocesan dinner buffet closes
12:00 am Busch Gardens closes (note: Howl-O-Scream event starts at 8:00 pm)
Who should attend the Virginia Catholic Youth Day?Although the Office for Evangelization sponsors this event, it is open to all youth and families from across the Diocese. There is no age minimum or maximum.
What are some of the programmatic and logistical things for me to be aware of?
- This is a state-wide event as we have collaborated with the Office of Youth Ministry from the Diocese of Arlington.
- You have the opportunity to share a meal with youth from across the Diocese and the state.
- All individuals who purchase tickets for the all-you-can-eat dinner will have a wrist band. The wrist band will get individuals into the all-you-can eat dinner.
- The all-you-can eat dinner includes Pulled Pork BBQ, Chicken Fajita Wraps, Mixed Green Salad, Macaroni & Cheese, Dessert, Soft Drinks. A vegetarian and gluten-free options are available for those who request it in advance.
What are the costs?
There are three options available to all individuals this year to choose from which include:
- All-inclusive ($62 per individual): Includes admission to the park (including Howl-O-Scream), Sunday Vigil Mass, and All-You-Can Eat Dinner Buffet
- Single-Day Admission Ticket ($55 per individual): Includes admission to the park (including Howl-O-Scream) and Sunday Vigil Mass
- All-You Can Eat Dinner Buffet ONLY ($12 per individual): Includes Sunday Vigil Mass, and All-You-Can Eat Dinner Buffet
- Any individual can enter the park without purchasing tickets through the Diocese. In addition, the Sunday Vigil Mass does NOT require ticketing or a cost.
- There is a $5 late fee per ticket purchased after Monday, October 2, 2017 at 12 noon. All ticket purchases must be processed through Church of the Redeemer.
- There are no refunds for cancellations.
- There is no fee for substitutions.
How do I register and what are the registration deadlines?
Contact LeRoy Orie to sign-up to attend. All registrations must occur by parish and will be done online.
How do I get my tickets and/or wrist bands? Can I make exchanges?
Tickets are not mailed to each parish. Instead, LeRoy Orie (Youth & Young Adult Ministry), the on-site coordinator for Church of the Redeemer, will pick-up all the tickets the morning of the event (October 7, 2017). Tickets and/or wrist bands will then be distributed to those who purchased them.
The Office for Evangelization will not release tickets to individual members of a parish without prior authorization in writing.